Two scanners are available at the Victoria Avenue Library, and one at Community Centre Library for public use. Scans can be saved to a USB flash drive, emailed, or printed. Printing costs $.20 per page for black and white scans or $1.00 per page for colour scans.
The Niagara Falls Public Library offers a laminating service for the public. Charges are determined by the foot with a rate of $1.00 per foot.
Lamination will be completed as staff time permits.
The Library will not be responsible or liable for any imperfections or damage that may occur during the lamination process. The work is undertaken at the owner’s risk.
The Library can scan old newspaper articles from microfilm. Due to the large volume of requests received and the staff time involved with scanning, a charging schedule for scans of microfilm is in place. Payment in advance is required. There is no charge for scanning for customers with a valid Niagara Falls Public Library card.
- Basic service charge: $10
- Each scan: $1
- HST of 13% will be added to each scan
- If paying by PayPal, a $1.50 service fee is added
- If burning to a CD is requested, a $2.50 charge is added
Large Artwork Scanning
Artists can have their large artwork scanned at the Victoria Avenue Library.The artists will get a scan of their artwork. The scanned image will appear in our Historic Niagara Digital Collections Art Database.
Scanning is achieved using a Canon Powershot S5is 8.0MP.
Due to the limited resource of this service, there are a few restrictions for Artists:
- One appointment per month.
- 5 pieces maximum per appointment.
- Pieces must be left with staff to be scanned.
- Scanning may take up to 5 days to complete.
DVD with scanned images will be provided at no charge.
To book an appointment, call the Niagara Falls Public Library at (905) 356-8080 ext. 242.
Please read & complete the scanning agreement below before your appointment.
Niagara Falls Public Library supports the lifelong learning goals of our community. As such, the Library provides an examination proctoring service.
Services are offered under the following guidelines:
- There is no private room for exam writing, although excessive noise is discouraged in the area where exams are taken.
- Students will be checked on periodically by Library staff throughout the exam, but not monitored continuously. The Library can provide information on alternative proctoring sites if continuous supervision is required.
- A minimum of one week advance notice is required for all bookings.
- The examination package must be sent from the issuing institution directly to the Library no later than one week in advance. The Library will not be liable for any missing materials or passwords related to the exam.
- Exams cannot last longer than 3 hours and must be completed no later than 30 minutes before closing.
- The Library is not responsible for completed exams that do not reach the educational institution by the deadline date.
- A $25 fee will be charged for each exam the Library is proctoring.
- The student must arrive within 15 minutes of the start of the exam. Fees may be paid by cash, credit or debit card at that time.
- The Library will provide a computer for use during the exam. The student must ensure that the Library's computing resources are adequate for their test taking requirements. The Library is not responsible for any unforeseen technical difficulties, including test interruptions, due to loss of power or internet connection.
To make arrangements to have an exam proctored, please call 905-356-8080 x250.