Suggestion for Purchase
Niagara Falls Public Library welcomes suggestions for additions to the collection.
You may make up to 5 suggestions for purchase per month. If we choose to buy the title, it will appear in the catalogue for you to place a hold. Due to the volume of suggestions received, we do not place a hold on purchased titles for you, nor do we contact you to inform you of our decision.
Please note that we do not purchase every title suggested. Due to budget constraints, only titles that will add significant value to the collection (eg. will be very popular, fill an important gap in our material, etc.) will be purchased.
Decisions about the collection reflect NFPL’s Collection Development Policy.
- Titles we missed.
- Recent books, DVDs, or CDs you and others would like to borrow.
Please do not suggest:
- Items listed in the library's Catalogue. Please check our Catalogue before submitting your request.
- Items that are not yet published or in stores.
- Anything over 2 years old (unless it is significant Local History material, a classic, or part of a series that we own). Older than 2 years is defined as the current year minus 2. For example, during the current year (2022), please limit suggestions to material created between Jan 2020 and the date of your request.
- Only submit a suggestion once.
- Make requests for eBooks and eAudiobooks only through cloudLibrary. Please call us at 905-356-8080 if you would like help making eBook or eAudiobook suggestions.