The Sir Harry Oakes Room was home for many years to our collection of Local History books, but, to preserve the historic volumes better, they were moved to climate-controlled storage. The Oakes Room has been repurposed as a Recording Studio, Video Editing Lab, and 3D Printing Makerspace - our "Innovation Hub".
We have professional quality software on two new 27" iMacs, along with a condenser mic, lighting, a green screen and other equipment for recording and editing music and videos. A Yamaha Digital Piano, and acoustic and electric guitars are available. It's all absolutely free at the library!
There are three models of 3D printers available - MakerBot 2 and Lulzbot 2 Mini, for plastic prints and Formlabs Form 2, a resin printer. Make jewellery, figurines, tools and whatever else you would like! Order a print below!
Everything old is new again! We have equipment to convert your 8mm & super 8 movies, VHS & VHSC tapes, slides, audio cassettes and vinyl LPs to digital.
There are even 3", 2 1/4" and 1" button makers available to use!
The Oakes Room will also host our ongoing computer classes, maker programs & tech training. Be sure to drop by soon and check it all out.
*Bonus - we have a Janome sewing machine and supplies, available on a first-come, first-serve basis..
There are groups of equipment that can be selected after the Media Lab has been booked:
1) Yamaha Digital Piano
2) Audio Recording a'nd Editing workstation, which includes 27" iMac with Audacity and Garageband software, Studio Speakers, a condenser mic with cable and stand, mixer, audio interface.
3) Video Recording and Editing workstation, which includes 27" iMac with iMovie, Blender, GIMP and Inkscape software, Green Screen and Lighting kit.
4) Guitar, electric & amplifier
5) Guitar, acoustic
6) 8mm film conversion equipment
8) VHS to digital conversion equipment
9) Slide & negative conversion equipment
10) Audio cassette conversion equipment
*The Innovation Hub may be booked for use of the Media Lab workstations, digital piano, guitars, button makers, conversion equipment and video camera. It is not available for private study or business meetings.
Please allow 24 hours for online booking confirmation. If the room is needed with less than 24 hours notice, please phone for assistance. 905-356-8080
Book a Room
Place an Order for a 3D Print
3D Prints are currently unavailable