While using Holds Pick Up services
All customers will be required to:
- Wear a mask
- Maintain physical distancing
- Follow the directional arrows, rules and procedures in place
How it Works
1. Request Your Items
- Use our catalogue and place holds on the items you want.
- Call the Library at 905-356-8080 and staff can assist you with placing holds.
- Email us at AskUs@nflibrary.ca with your request and include your full name and library card barcode.
- Don’t know what you want? We can help you with that! Give us an idea of what you’re looking for and we can make some selections for you.
- Use our "Grab Bag" form and help us get started. You can also call the Library at 905-356-8080 and we’ll help you with making selections.
2. After You Receive Notification That Your Items Are Available
Be sure to bring your Library card to pick up your holds.
- Victoria Avenue Library - Pick up your holds in the Library or book an appointment for Curbside Pick Up and Library staff will bring your items to your vehicle.
Community Centre Library - Look for the directional signs on the right side of the MacBain Community Centre for the Library’s temporary enterance. Pick up your holds in the Library. Pick up your holds in the Library. You can also use Take & Go Holds Pick Up - just ring the doorbell at the temporary entrance.
Stamford Centre Library - Come by the Library during Pick Up Hours and go to the front door. Ring the doorbell and we’ll help you through the rest.
Chippawa Library -Pick up your holds in the Library. You can also use Take & Go Holds Pick Up - just ring the doorbell on the front door and we’ll help you through the rest.
- Niagara Falls Farmers' Market - Customers may pick up their holds on Saturdays at the Library's stall at the Niagara Falls Farmers' Market located at the MacBain Community Centre.
- All customers entering library locations are required to go through the Province of Ontario’s COVID-19 screening process and wear a mask.
3. Return Your Items When Finished
All returns can be put in the Library’s Return Boxes, which are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Q: I have an appointment to pick up an item. Now I've discovered I have another item that's come in, do I need to make a second appointment?
A: Library staff will do their best to add any items that come in after you've made your appointment
Q: Can I arrive for Curbside Pickup on foot or bike?
A: Yes, please stand in your designated spot by the sign. Remain in place and staff will place your items on the ground approximately 2 metres away from you.