Holds Pick Up Available at All Library Locations!
Customers may continue to put holds on items and pick them up inside the Victoria Avenue Library, Community Centre Library and Chippawa Library during open hours.
Holds Pick Up Options also include:
- Curbside Pick Up by appointment at Victoria Avenue Library.
- Take & Go Pick Up at Stamford Centre Library on Wednesdays 10am - 7pm and Saturdays 11am - 3pm.
- Take & Go Pick Up at the Niagara Falls Farmers Market on Saturdays during Market hours.
How it Works
1. Request your items:
- Use our catalogue and place holds on the items you want.
- Call the Library at 905-356-8080 and staff can assist you with placing holds.
- Email us at AskUs@nflibrary.ca with your request and include your full name and library card barcode.
- Don’t know what you want? We can help you with that! Give us an idea of what you’re looking for and we can make some selections for you.
- Use our "Grab Bag" form and help us get started. You can also call the Library at 905-356-8080 and we’ll help you with making selections.
2. After you receive notification that your items are available:
- Victoria Avenue Library - Come by the Library during Browse, Borrow & Go hours or Book an appointment for contactless Curbside Pickup
- Chippawa - Come by the Libraries during Browse, Borrow & Go hours.
- Community Centre - Come by the Libraries during Browse, Borrow & Go hours.
- Stamford - You can pick up during designated Pick Up hours. Be sure to bring your Library card!
- Farmers Market - Stop by the Library's stall at the Market, give your name and pick up your materials.
3. Return your items when finished:
All returns can be put in the Library’s Return Boxes, which are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Q: If I put on more than 10 holds, how will my 10 items be selected for check out?
A: You will be given the first 10 items on your list of holds that have been received for you. We cannot accommodate individual requests to choose from the larger group of materials that have arrived for you. We will not lapse your holds before you’re able to get them.
Q: I have an appointment to pick up an item. Now I've discovered I have another item that's come in, do I need to make a second appointment?
A: Library staff will do their best to add any items that come in after you've made your appointment.
Q: What are you doing to protect the safety of customers and Library staff during the Pick Up?
A: Prior to packing your holds for pick up, staff will prepare your materials while wearing gloves and they will wipe the materials with a medical-grade disinfectant prior to packing them.
Curbside Pick Up at Victoria Avenue Library is contactless, meaning you will not come into contact with a staff member. At the time of your appointment, you will park in your designated spot, open your trunk and wait in your car. Library staff will be looking out for your arrival and will put your materials in your trunk. Staff will be required to wear a mask and gloves during the pick up procedure.
During Pick Up at our other Library locations, customers and staff will be expected to follow physical distancing measures. Staff will be required to wear a mask and gloves during pick up.
Q: Can I arrive for Curbside Pickup on foot or bike?
A: Yes, please stand in your designated spot by the sign. Remain in place and staff will place your items on the ground approximately 2 metres away from you.