The Niagara Falls Public Library offers service that is relevant, inclusive, and responsive for all, including persons with disabilities. Each member of the community has an equal opportunity to access public library services. The Library strives to provide “universal access” to services for all people to the greatest extent possible without the need for adaptation or specialized design in order to integrate services to persons with disabilities. The Library offers alternative measures, including trained staff support, where necessary, so that persons with disabilities may obtain and use Library services.
In April 2010, the Library Board approved the Accessibility Policy.
We strive to make sure that all members of the community can access library services in person, by telephone, by e-mail, in the community, and remotely through technology such as the website, and we design and deliver programs and services to support the participation of everyone.
- A person with a disability has the right to expect the full spectrum of services offered by Niagara Falls Public Library.
- A support person accompanying a person with a disability to a library program or event may attend at no charge.
- Service animals are welcome at all library locations. If you need any assistance during your visit to the library, please ask our staff.
- All library locations provide accessible parking spaces.
- All library locations are fully accessible.