On June 8, the Niagara Falls Public Library began Curbside Pick Up at the Victoria Avenue Library location. As a compliment to the digital collection, the Library is offering access to its physical collections through a Pick Up service that is safe for customers and Library staff. Curbside Pick Up is a common practice these days in our community, so here are the details of how it works at your Library.
At this time, all Pick Ups will be handled at the Victoria Avenue Library location only. Access to Pick Ups is via the back parking lot off of Buckley Avenue. There are clearly marked spots for you to park your vehicle, bicycle or stand if you are on foot.
As the Library expects great demand for Curbside Pick Up and with limited staff, only 10 items per Pick Up will be permitted. Most materials will be available for this service with the following exceptions: Board Games, Nature Kits, Book Club Kits, Magazines and Story Walks. All materials borrowed will have a 3 week lending period and until August 31, 2020, there will be no fines charged on overdue items.
So what do I do to participate in Curbside Pick Up you ask? Here are the details to get your much needed Library goods.
1. Request your items starting June 8th - there are many ways to do this:
- Use our catalogue and place holds on the items you want.
- Call the Library at 905-356-8080 and staff can assist you with placing holds.
- Email us at AskUs@nflibrary.ca with your request and include your full name and library card barcode.
- Don’t know what you want? We can help you with that! Give us an idea of what you’re looking for and we can make some selections for you using our "Grab Bag" form.
2. Book an appointment after we notify you that your items are available - We’ll notify you by phone or email when your material is ready. You can then make an appointment to pick it up at the Victoria Avenue Library. After you book, we’ll let you know about procedures to follow during pick up so that it’s a safe process for you and Library staff.
3. Visit us for contactless pick up - Arrive in your assigned Pick Up Spot, pop your trunk and staff will drop in your items. Returns must be put in the Library’s Return Box.
Niagara Falls Public Library is making every effort to keep both its staff and customers safe with Curbside Pick Up during this time of COVID-19. Please give us a call at 905-356-8080 if you have any questions or would like to reserve some materials. We are also available by email at AskUs@nflibrary.ca. For all updates to our services, please check out our website at my.nflibrary.ca. Don’t forget that our drop boxes are monitored at all our Library locations for any returns that you may have. We’re looking forward to sharing our collections with you once again!
This week marks the 132nd anniversary of the opening of Canada’s first provincial park when Queen Victoria Park officially opened on May 24, 1888.
The Niagara Falls Public Library temporarily closed our doors at all four locations on Friday, March 13th 2020 until April 5th 2020. This was our immediate response to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and align with provincial measures to support social distancing.
The Niagara Falls Public Library is offering a wide range of Gardening, Health and Wellness programs this Spring! Join us Monday March 9th at 7pm as food writer Lynn Ogryzlo talks about the benefits and pitfalls of the Keto Diet. On Thursday March 5th at 7pm Master Gardener Kit Thompson will teach you how to make floral designs and arrangements with items from your garden.
According to the Canadian Oxford Dictionary, a library is a collection of books, periodicals, recordings, electronic reference materials, etc for use by the public or members of a group. There are four more definitions if one is interested in reading them.
What is the most priceless possession you own? Some might say their home, or their car, while others may say a precious family heirloom. The things that are priceless to us are felt on an emotional level, deep within us. That is exactly what the MasterCard credit card company knew all those 23 years when it launched its now affectionately known priceless ad campaign.
2019 was an exciting year for the Niagara Falls Public Library. We hosted some incredible programs, introduced some amazing new collections, and had a lot of fun. However, it was you, the customer, that really made last year so wonderful.